Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. However, some days, life just does not allow for the cooking and inevitable cleaning that follows. On days with little to no time for cooking, I make use of these hacks. They have saved me time and kept my family happy several times.
- Bake bacon – Instead of frying bacon in a pan, pop them in the oven to bake. Not only are they crispier, cooked all the way through, and delicious, they also require less work this way.
- Pancake hacks – Use an icing dispenser to pour pancake batter into the shapes you want. You can also use cookie cutters to make fun shaped pancakes. Just put the cookie cutters in the pan and pour the batter in. Soon you will have pancakes shaped like Christmas trees, stars, etc.
- Eggshell removal – We have all had pieces of eggshell end up in our mixing bowls. You have probably struggled many minutes of your life away trying to get it out. Now you won’t have to. Wet your fingers and remove the eggshell-like that. It will stick to your fingers and save you a lot of time.
- Soften butter in a minute – Cold butter is hard to cut and spread, and melted butter is not what we want. To help you get the right consistency, use this hack. Warm a glass by running some hot water over it or put it in the microwave. Place the glass over the piece of butter, and it will soften in no time without melting.
- Cherry tomato cutting – Place cherry tomatoes between two same-sized lids and cut them in half with one slice. No more wasting time by cutting cherry tomatoes one by one.
If you enjoy cooking or baking, these tips are bound to make your life easier. Try them and let me know if it worked for you. I have many more tricks to share, so come back for more next week.